We are not just a neighborhood organization but a portal to community events, resources, and services.
The proposed development is located at the corner of 10th Avenue NE & Main Street NE, is a 5-story, 49-unit apartment building with one level of on-grade enclosed parking containing 13 vehicle parking stalls and 54 indoor bicycle parking spaces for residents and guests. Other amenities include a small outdoor patio, fitness room and bike lounge. The exterior will consist primarily of glass and brick with metal siding above and fiber cement lap siding.
31 unit apartment building proposed for 401 Main Street. Currently zoned R1A and Interior 3 under the 2040 Built Form Guidelines. Building proposed is 3 stores with underground parking at a total height of 40' - 6". The developers will be seeking a rezoning and variances for front and side yard setbacks. This project is scheduled to be presented at STAWNO's October 14th regular board meeting and go before the City Planning Commission at their November 1, 2021 public hearing.
The proposed development is located on two adjacent lots on 2nd Street NE in Minneapolis. The site is currently zoned as R5 and is located in the Mississippi River Corridor Critical Area Overlay (MR) District. The lots currently contain two single family homes that were built in the mid-1970s and will be demolished as part of this project.
The proposed project consists of a 4 story, 85 unit multi-family apartment building with enclosed parking andamenity spaces. The enclosed parking garage will provide 47 vehicle parking spaces and will share a driveway with the previously developed apartment building at 338 2nd Street NE.
Low interest rates, great service - borrow from $5,000 to $40,000 with up to 15 years for repayment. Contact our partners, The Lending Center at the Center for Energy and Environment at (612) 335-5884 for more information.
Check out the local services directory for frequently requested contact information.
- Block Club Training Information: 612-673-3204
- City of Minneapolis Information Number: 311
- County Commissioner Irene Fernando: 612-348-7882
- Fix Up Loan Program at CEE: 612-335-588
- Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board Commissioner Chris Meyer: 612-230-6443
- Northeast Senior Services: 612-781-5096
- Open Door Learning Center NE: 612-789-9024
- Pierre Bottineau Library: 612-543-6850
- Saint Anthony West Neighborhood Organization (STAWNO): 612-758-0020
- State Representative Sydney Jordan, District 60A: 651-296-4219
- State Senator Kari Dziedzic, District 60: 651-296-7809
- Third Ward City Council Member Steve Fletcher: 612-673-2203
- Webster Elementary: 612-668-1210
The Northeast Farmers Market is located right here in the Saint Anthony West neighborhood at the St. Boniface Church parking lot, University Avenue at 7th Ave NE. Each Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. from June through mid-October, you’ll find fresh produce, crafts, entertainment and many other goodies. The winter season (Nov–Apr) takes place at the Church parking lot on the first Saturday of the month, 11 am to 1 pm.
Chris Linde had seen the harm to the neighborhood when all the boulevard trees on a street were removed at one time, he knew there had to be a better solution. Working with the Park Board, STAWNO came up with a plan to treat some of the ash trees to slow the spread of the disease while planting the next generation of boulevard trees.
It is a 10-year plan so we will be well on the way to a new tree canopy when the final treatment is made in 2022. STAWNO pays for this program with a City grant. We ask for your help to water the young trees
To celebrate the treatment program, STAWNO wraps the treated trees with a blue ribbon.
Saint Anthony West Neighborhood Organization is excited to host the 18th Annual Historic Riverfront 5K on September 24, 2022! Proceeds from the fundraiser support local programs including the Summer of Fun celebrations at Dickman Park.
Fall colors framing the Mississippi make this 5K one of the most enjoyable times of the year to appreciate the riverfront and downtown landscape.
Rain or shine, we have a great time!
- August 20 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at Northeast Farmers Market
- August 27 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at Northeast Farmers Market
- September 3 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at Northeast Farmers Market
- September 10 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at Northeast Farmers Market